The Gulf Diabetic Foot Working Group (GDFWG) is an independent group of scientists and clinicians working to understand, cure and prevent and it is a non-profit and non-governmental organization established on 25th December 2012 by expert Multi-disciplinary health care professionals from GCC Countries (UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & Oman) in the management and prevention of diabetic foot ulcer. The GDFWG was officially announced on 14th November 2013 at the 4th International Diabetic Foot Conference in Dubai, UAE.
The GDFWG’s vision is to be a primary, regional, scientific and practical resource by advancing in the field of diabetic foot care and their mission is dedicated to excellence in the advancement of Diabetic Foot Conference through disseminating evidence based practice, research, education and collaboration among GCC diabetic foot care professionals and public communities.
The GDFWG Board Committee:
- Mrs. Mounia Sabasse - Wound and Diabetic Foot Specialist. Founder and President - UAE
- Ms. Aisha Saif Almahrizi – Wound and Diabetic Foot Specialist’s-Founder &Vice President .Oman
- Dr. Talal K. Talal – Head of Podiatry Department. Co-Founder and Executive Member – Qatar
- Dr. Saud Al Harthi – Consultant – Endocrinology. Co-Founder and Executive Member Oman
- Dr. Nashaat Ali Ghandoura – Head of Surgical Department and Diabetic Foot Unit. Co-Founder and
- Executive Member .KSA
- Dr. Salma Khuraibet – Diabetic Foot & Wound Care Specialist Co-Founder and Executive Member. Kuwait
- Mrs. Samira Juma – Director of Nursing .Podiatry Department. Executive Member –Qatar
- Dr. Khalifa Al Wahhabi –Vascular Surgeon and Hospital Medical Director. Executive Member .Oman
- Pro. Dhafer Kumal- Vascular Surgeon, Defence forces Royal Medical Services. Executive Member. Bahrain
Since 2012 the GDFWG worked very hard to disseminate the knowledge on diabetic foot prevention and management in GCC region by conducting educational activities like Annual Gulf Diabetic Foot Conference and Global Diabetic Foot Course and they also launch the first Middle East Diabetic Foot journal in collaboration with Wound International. The 1st Gulf Diabetic Foot Conference held in Oman was last April 2015 and the Chairmen were Dr. Nashaat Ali Ghandoura and Dr. Saud Al Harthi. The 2nd Gulf Diabetic Foot Conference held on March 2016 and was chaired by Dr. Salma Khuraibet. The 3rd Version was hosted on March 2016 Doha. Qatar and was chaired by Dr. Talal Elenizi. The conference program includes general lectures and workshops on classification of foot ulcers, Diabetic foot infections, corrective foot surgery, diabetic neuropathy, innovations in in-shoe pressure and temperature measurements, offloading diabetic foot wounds, basic of vascular diagnostics, VAC Therapy, proper use of LE Compression Therapy, etc. After three successful conferences, the GDFWG will hold the 4th Version of Gulf Diabetic Foot Conference in March 23-24, 2018 in Conrad Hotel. Dubai.UAE
We invite membership to strengthen our international voice and to improve the scientific exchange and knowledge about Diabetic Foot